MI-3055 Range Control Software
The MI-3055 Range Control System Software package, in concert with actual hardware, can provide the following range management functions as a plug in for the MI-3000 Data Acquisition and Analysis Software:
- Reverse the direction of range propagation via up to 4 SPDT RF switches
- Select one of three mixer frequency bands using up to 6 SPDT RF switches
- Switch an amplifier in or out of line on the range antenna side of a test range via 2 SPDT RF switches
- Control the value of a programmable attenuator on the range antenna side of a test range
- Switch an amplifier in or out of line on the antenna under test (AUT) side of a test range via 2 SPDT RF switches
- Control the value of a programmable attenuator on the AUT side of a test range
- Perform a dynamic range data acquisition using one of the programmable attenuators
The software can be configured for all or any combinations of the above functions, depending on the supporting hardware available. The software can be run manually from the MI-3000 "Work with Instruments" function or it can be part of the configuration of an acquisition definition. The software can also be executed in a Visual Basic® script if desired.
The Range Control System Software implements its function by commanding from one to three Agilent 11713 Switch Control Units. Both the A (obsolete), B and C models of the 11713 are supported.
The Agilent 11713 Model A and B units contain 10 switch closure controls that can be independently set via GPIB commands and the Model C units contain 20 switch closures. The Model B and C units also support an Ethernet interface. Banks of 4 of the switch closures can be used to control Agilent 8494 series programmable attenuators. The 11713 switch closures are also compatible with Agilent 8672 SPDT switches and many other coaxial switches.