The complete versatility of elevated or ground-level antenna testing on a single antenna test range can be achieved by incorporating the MI-59000 Family of Source Towers. This flexibility is made possible through extended vertical carriage travel and ease of installation and adjustment of equipment on the tower. Antenna system weights to 850 lbs can be elevated to approximately 40 ft above the ground.
- Two tracks on the narrow tower-face guide the carriage, which can be remotely raised or lowered as desired by a cable/winch driven system.
- Adjustable electrical limit switches at the top and bottom of the tower prevent overtravel and possible equipment damage. The maximum travel speed is 8 ft per minute.
- Dual speed synchro units for monitoring carriage height are standard.
- Vertical carriage allows complete adjustment of source or antenna-under-test height.
- Overall Height = 42 ft (12.8 m)
- Carriage Travel = 36 ft (11.0 m)
- Maximum Carriage Lifting Capacity = 850 lbs (386 kg)
- Maximum Carriage Twisting Moment = 800 ft-lbs (1084 N-m)
- Net Weight = 3000 lbs (1360 kg)
The MI-59112 includes a DC drive winch. A drive winch kit may be ordered separately (See Accessories). Note that guy wires are required for support.
- Drive Winch Kit – P/N 490374
- Mating Connector Kit – P/N 221310
- Magnetic Brake Replacement Kit (for use with MI-4139) – P/N 493748